Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beans, Beans, Beans

The other day some one gave me a bag of Pinto beans. Ok, now what do I do with them. I asked. I am from the North I don't know what to do with them. So I decided to cook them. So I called a Good friend of mine, her name is Toni, she walked me through the whole processes. I thank God for her and her patientce with me.
First there was some things that you have to do to the beans. You do not just put them in water. You have to prepare them. You have to put them on the counter and get rid of all the imperfections and rocks. Then you rinse them with water. Then put them in a large pan covering them with water and boil them for 1 hour on med heat. Do not let them boil dry. After they have boiled an hour, then you add your flavoring and salt, Then finish cooking them for 3 more hours. Remove from heat and serve. But I let them cool a little an mashed them. So that I could make bean burritos. That is one of my husbands favorite Mexican dishes.
Well we have been in the South for 10 years and this is my first attempt to make beans and burritos. They turned out very well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ms. Marsha that's one of our favorites! George and I miss pinto beans. We don't have it here in the Philippines. George is craving for it.

    ReplyDelete